Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience for children that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality associated with many sports leagues. Rules unique to Upward Sports—including game format, substitution system and rules for play—are designed to provide the best sports experience for every child. On top of equipping children with sport fundamentals needed to participate at the next level, some distinctive features to Upward Sports are:
- Each child is evaluated before the team selection process to create balanced teams that are competitive.
- Upward Sports utilizes a unique substitution system which guarantees every child equal playing time.
- Upward Sports aims to teach both athletic skill as well as values for success on and off the playing field/court.
- Upward Sports prioritizes a family friendly schedule by conducting one-hour practices and games each week.
- With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Sports is designed to bring out “the winner” in every child regardless of the game’s score.