Art is an amazing way to express emotions that could never be translated into words. Emotions are much more vivid, heart-wrenching and blissful than anything you could say. Emotions do not always make sense and they are not suppose to because they are meant to be felt and experienced. When you look at Mother Nature, its beauty can sometimes just leave you in awe. It is something that you can feel and experience with your senses. Words could never do it justice. It is the same way with art. Art can be used to express joy, pain, grief and anger.
Benefits of Art Therapy:
- Encourages self-expression
- It allows people to express emotions that may not be socially acceptable
- Develops healthy coping skills
- Gives a sense of control over their own feelings
- Creating art helps people them focus on the present moment
- Through art they are able to see their emotions and detach from it
Express yourself! You never know what you are capable of doing until you try it.